Door Seals, again...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed my Post on the subject but, I found some 3/8s foam cording at Home Depot..... Works more gooder, in place of the Vinyl, for the X-cab >vertical< Weather Stripping.

:dunno

JOE

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rgdillon said:
Joe -

Are you running this through the center hole of the existing weather stripping?

Ron

Hi Ron, Yes. If you run yer finger down the weather strip yul feel the collapsable part (it's open at the top & bottome) that is >supposed to< seal against the door when it's closed. That seal is prolly marginal, at best. Yul also feel, a 6 or 8 inch piece of cording that Ford put in, in the area of the Door Latch.

What I did: poked a piece of wire thru the strip, at the top of Fords piece, shoved it UP and out of the top, taped the foam cording to it, pulled it back down thru, til it bottomed out at Fords piece. Same from the bottom of Fords piece, up. The weather stip will re-seal the holes you poked... you can't even see where you did it.

Nice tight seal, from Top to Bottom... MORE Quiet inside.

JOE

Last edited:
Reaction score
BIG JOE said:
Hi Ron, Yes. If you run yer finger down the weather strip yul feel the collapsable part (snipped)

JOE

Thanks Joe -

I might have enough foam laying around here - if not I'll be picking some up - this is moving to tops on my list of things to do!

:thumbs

Ron

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to home depot or lowes and tell them you want 3/8" "Backer Rod". Chances are no one will have a clue what it is, but keep looking. That's exactly what I did since it does get so cold here, I was afraid the vinyl would get too stiff.

FWIW

Barrett

redpsd

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Can someone post a picture of what this entails. I just am not visioning this. I get really tired of my crew cab door squeeking when it gets cold.

red

nevrnf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the 2 front doors on my CC and the drivers door does not close properly? I had to move the strike plate out so the door sticks out? I did notice a difference in sound in the truck but i might try the foam in the drivers door as it might crush a little easier than the vinyl.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14