Double DIN in Excursion/F250 (04) ?

4wdbeast

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Anybody installed a double DIN unit? Does it fit? Feasible? Need to do some trimming? or next to impossible?

Bart

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Bart.

I know in the 05' and up you can do a double din , no problem, I believe the same is true for the older SD's too. I'm sure someone will chime in here soon, and beable to confirm that.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The Excursions retained the same DIN and a half for all 6 years but it was the 2005+ SuperDuty that went double DIN I believe.-popcorn

4wdbeast

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The Excursions retained the same DIN and a half for all 6 years but it was the 2005+ SuperDuty that went double DIN I believe.-popcorn

I think you are right, judging from the installs I've seen on the web. So this gets me to the second part: how hard is it to MAKE it a double DIN ?

Thankjs for all replies!

Bart

Reaction score
Yall sure about that cause i am purty damn sure my 03 sd has a double din. All my vehicles in the past have been din and a half. I had a pioneer din and a half and it was smaller than my stock radio. Should slide right in and you just have to bolt housing in there with the top bolt that you have to remove to remove the dash.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14