Double din nav/dvd unit into din and a half space?

kjdavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any info on what is required to fit a double dvd navigation unit into a din and a half space, like in an 02 F350? Was not wanting a flip out unit, would like an in dash instead...

johnrrogers

Old Racer
Reaction score
When looking at replacing my in dash unit I thought of trying the same thing. It looked like I would have to cut the dash to get something in. I gave up the idea when I saw the Kenwood flipup unit with the Kenwood (Garmin) GPS module and multiple aux inputs including a backup cam. The unit slid into the single DIN space and I added the GPS unit, tape deck, TV tunner and backup camera and it is great. All the boxes that generate any heat are under the rear seat. The Bulldogs love the video screen when going on long trips as they lay on seat watching a movie!

4wdbeast

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Still trying to figure it out. Look at my request 2 posts down. It doesn't SEEM to be that hard but I like to see if soneone has pics of the cutting involved.

Bart

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
If the 03 is the same as the 02, then a double DIN will fit with a little filing down of the two screws that are above the radio, set into the dash. I know it works, because I'm running an AVIC D2 in my 03MY.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58