Question Downpipe removal tips??

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
I will be installing my new 4" turbo back exhaust this weekend. Wondered if anyone had any tips / tricks for easier removal of the downpipe from the turbo?

I know I have read some peoples threads on here that it can be a pain in the arse. I just want to make sure I have everything ready to make it as knuckle busting free as possible.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
when i did my cousins 6.0 i just cut the pipe in half, and took the turbo side out through the top. i dont know if thats the only way to do it but it sure made things easy for me.

Silver6.0

Drinkin Diesel
Reaction score
Like he said cut the pipe, i cut mine just before it bends to go to the back of the truck and took it out the bottom. The turbo clamp will most likely stick to the turbo and the down tube so youll have to "break" it loose. Get a long chisel and tap lightly on the three sections of the clamp till they come free, be careful not to mess the clamp up because your kit probably doesnt come with a new clamp

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
yup sawzall and slice through the factory pipe like warm butter in front of the tranny cross member and the top part will worm its way out through the top, piece of cake,
do use a 1x4 scrap piece of lumber as a guide for clearance at the cross member bolts, lay the new pipe on it and adjust all the pieces.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim