dp tuner chip=truck problems.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Shoot, back in the old days they used to recommend taping the chip the the PCM after you slid it onto the board just to insure it wouldnt come loose. I havent seen that recommended in a long time now but once upon a time................. that was the norm.

Yea, that is normally on the SD trucks because of the thickness of the PCM board they used. (SD=thinner board)

On the OBS trucks, it isn't needed.

BTW, NEVER use any Dielectric Greese on the PCM, it doesn't need it! :sweet

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Don't try to wiggle the chip to get a better conection while the truck is running. I toasted the computer on the 01 that way.

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this chip is so sensitive,it took like 5 tries to get the pcm back in the truck with the chip still in place,so i put some duct tape around to hold it in tighter.as soon as it gets wek though ill be driving and my truck will screw up again, and ill be ripping this chip out for the last time.im so paranoid that im gonna break down i carry a bike around with me at all times.is there any other way to hold the chip in there?i didnt buy it new either.

DA-HEAT

The First Stroker
Reaction score
this chip is so sensitive,it took like 5 tries to get the pcm back in the truck with the chip still in place,so i put some duct tape around to hold it in tighter.as soon as it gets wek though ill be driving and my truck will screw up again, and ill be ripping this chip out for the last time.im so paranoid that im gonna break down i carry a bike around with me at all times.is there any other way to hold the chip in there?i didnt buy it new either.

Just a thought but maybe that is why the guy sold it that had the chip before you:dunno

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
How's the contacts look on the PCM. When I put my chip in the previous owner damn near had the solder scraped off the PCM. I re tinned the connector and used duct tape to hold it in. Better safe than sorry.

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you have anything holding it in in your truck gilroy? ive got duct tape holding it in now but im still paranoid that im going to break down.

GilroyRacing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I didnt use any tape tape with it. I just pluged it and that was it.

Try using some tape, and like I said above, put some Dielectric Greese on the contacts incase you took a little to much of the tin coating off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58