DPF Acting Retarded

Bigboytoys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok truck went in for a EGR valve good to go right, wrong. First pull Cleaning Exhaust flashes for 5 - 8 seconds and goes off. The truck stuttered a bit in high gear then quit and wouldn't build much boast, maybe 5 psi in low RPM until it got to 2000+ while pulling an empty goose neck. Went on rescue mission last night cause the phone rang at 1:30 am, and again Cleaning Exhaust flash's quick and goes out on the way there. On the way back it flashed on then off 3 times and stuttered again in high gear for 15 sec till I got off the peddle and ran good till I got home. When I pulled into home it didn't make any boast down the drive way,it's a 1/4 mile+, and didn't idle well in gear and seemed to be burning the DPF but nothing on the display and the Check Engine light never came on any time. Before the display would show that the DPF was lit until it was done burning and never stuttered in high gear or the in gear rough idle.

What's going on, has any one have this happen before? Could the dealer have reprogrammed the ECM or could it have an error? It's going back but would like a second opinion.

Bigboytoys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well truck went in for a code check and re flash. Seems the Cleaning Exhaust just flashing on the display is because of the newest program in the ECM. Not sure if I like not knowing when the DPF is lit cause it only shows it briefly. I'll keep ya up to date if this fixed it or if it's going back again.

Bigboytoys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I know, there's a Spartan kit with my name on it. The only issue is there are few dealership's around here and they don't take to friendly to ditching the CAT + DPF. They have a, If I don't see the programmer, there's no problem way of looking at things. So swapping the CAT + DPF in and out is kinda tough way of doing things cause I don't have a shop to work in and this truck pulls all over the place. So If it died some where I would have to run down with the CAT + DPF and swap it before it goes into the shop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58