DPF present tunes

Schneiderboy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 F250 with the 6.4... Previous truck was a 2008 with the H&S hot 300 tune and EGR/DPF delete. Right now Im about to be taking a trip of about 1000 miles and wanted to know if anyone is running a H&S tuner with DPF present since I don't have time to delete the EGR and DPF before the trip.. Any difference in MPG and if so how much? Also, how does it work with the DPF present tunes? Does it just shut the DPF clean off and the EGR off, or does it just make it not regen as often? Right now the truck seems to be doing the clean cycle WAY too often, like once everyone 50-75 miles. Not sure if the 2010 is different then the 2008, but my 08 only done it once every like 400-500 miles.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know when I ran my tuner with the DPF it does go into cleaning mode more. So I stop running it till I do a DPF delete.

Powerstroke2000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm running my '09 with the H&S, and while loaded similarly to a friend, my fuel mileage was considerably better. Didn't check exactly, but I went a whole lot further on a tank than he did! I have DPF/Cat deleted...so no more regens thankfully.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58