Dpf removal from ford

fernsjd41

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Any one heard of a up date kit from ford that removes dpf and ford covers under warrenty....buddy of mine services trucks for railroad and all there trucks had it done from ford.....

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any one heard of a up date kit from ford that removes dpf and ford covers under warrenty....buddy of mine services trucks for railroad and all there trucks had it done from ford.....

Wouldn't removal of the Diesel Particulate Filter make the warranty void? Regardless whether Railroad or dirt road the emmissions filter requirements would apply to all vehicles IMO.

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site

Never heard of it.... not only would it void the warranty but its illegal, i dont think ford would want to get involved with doing that.

Fine69

Reaction score
I'd say your Buddy is full of Sh!t, not only is a DPF a FEDERALLY Required Emissions device, Ford would Void the warranty's of all those trucks.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if your Buddy works for the RR he may have some special circumstances ,, look at some 08 up service trucks and you will see some missing the DPF from the factory

bonfire

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

Probably designated as off road use only or similar

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet a railroad truck would be off road .. lol the others we looked at were like Forest service ETC ( maybe Ambulance units?

,, probably deleted OEM legally due to regen temps =fire hazard?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
back in the day you could get your cat removed legally if you were a farm truck/car etc.
the manufacturer didn't do it....
but the state DOT would authorize its removal for inspection purposes
I would suspect the RR has a similar set up and probably pays a fee to the BIG G for such a permission.

fernsjd41

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My truck is in the shop right now to see if there is a problem it gos into regen..ever 100 miles or so......I talked to my buddy again and he said the rr guy also had it done to his personal truck, and it only cost him $500 and didnt void any warrenty and they installed it....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58