Drive shaft balance

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In February I replaced the trans, with a BTS, and at the same time replaced the u-joints in the rear shaft. The new joints are greasable with what looks like a concave disk on the one end. I installed the joints so that all the fittings would be in-line.

What I am not sure of now is did lining all the fittings up on the same "side" put the shaft out of balance. I marked everything when I took it off and put it back that way. I have what feels like a small shake to the truck. It's just there, does not feel any different at different speeds.

The other question I have, I have been looking to replace the fitting on the joints with real zerk fittings but they are a small size that no one around here seems to have. Any suggestion as to what I need for replacements? I figure if I can get them replaced, I will take the shaft to have it balanced.

Thanks for the help.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You should not have to have your drive shaft or axle shaft balanced due to changing the u-joints. I never have nor could I tell that it was out of balance (vibrating).

Dave :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58