Driveline clunk???

SDChris

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It's 28,000 miles so like 48,000kms, it's an 08 so no warranty left. Everything else seems tight, it didn't make any noise at all, even when going between R and D, I agree that's a strange part to wear that early maybe it was defective, I still have the factory tires lol. I ordered a new shaft $800 I didn't think that was to bad actually.

tatt4u

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Let us know if that fixes it. When mine did it I felt like a dog chasing it's tail for awhile, but I got to ad a few things to the truck with out the wife getting mad while trying to figure it out!

SDChris

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I will let you know, I bought a airbag system which hasn't been installed yet, I wanted to get this figured out first, so between the airbag, new brakes, new hub, and now a new driveshaft I am tapped out lol, no goodies for the SD for a while I am afraid.

SDChris

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just an update installed the new driveshaft clunk is gone, expensive part but problem solved. I still think that is premature for a slip yoke to wear out, my guess it was defective or wasn't packed with grease properly from the start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58