Driveline vibration

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked over the other posts and didn't see this one yet...

As I mentioned before I just got my '06 Thursday, and I've been driving it everywhere. Runs well, and I have 356 miles on it right now. I've been running with the hubs locked in to get everything shaken up in the front. If it's gonna break, I'd rather it be now. I noticed a shake in the truck at 20 mph and then again at 40, in any gear, power on, power off, coasting doesn't matter. I thought it might be the front end, so I unlocked the hubs and it's still there.

I crawled underneath it tonight, and poked around and didn't find much. But the one thing I though was a little odd was a steel tag put through the carrier bearing rubber sleave. This looks like a leg tag that you'd put on a chicken or a large bird.

The truck is the 158 inch wheel base, super cab 8 foot bed, F250. I have the plow package and the aux springs in the rear with the swaybars. It's pretty stiff. I did get a chuckle out of the grease zerks on the front axle for the wheel u joints, and lack of them on all the other u joints on the truck. Anybody taking bets on how long they last? Man for 5 dollars a truck...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58