Driver power seat/power pedals not working

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
I installed undercab flood lights yesterday; did this by running power wires from the lights up to a switch on the dash, then back down and tapped into the black/blue wire under the drivers door foot sill panel. Worked perfectly; the flood lights only worked when both the interior lights were on and the switch was on.

Then a few hours later I opened up the drivers door, the floods/interior lights came on, then a pop and they suddenly went out. I blew the fuse. After replacing it, everything works perfectly again (I am getting a lower wattage flood light, though) except for the drivers side power seat and adjustable pedals. I checked the fuse (#112, maxi) and it is fine. Even swapped the fuse with the passenger side power seat and it still doesn't work (the passenger power seat worked with the fuse taken from the drivers power seat). The heated seat option works fine. I checked every other fuse that I thought could remotely be tied to the power seats and they're all good. I rechecked my wiring under the foot sill panel and it's all good, nothing pinched or rubbing or anything. I'm stumped.

Am I looking at a fuse or something bigger?

On Edit: when trying to adjust the seat or the pedals, I can hear a click under the drivers seat as if power is getting to the motor but it isn't working. Hmmm....

Last edited:

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
TexasExcursion said:
I installed undercab flood lights yesterday; did this by running power wires from the lights up to a switch on the dash, then back down and tapped into the black/blue wire under the drivers door foot sill panel. Worked perfectly; the flood lights only worked when both the interior lights were on and the switch was on.

Then a few hours later I opened up the drivers door, the floods/interior lights came on, then a pop and they suddenly went out. I blew the fuse. After replacing it, everything works perfectly again (I am getting a lower wattage flood light, though) except for the drivers side power seat and adjustable pedals. I checked the fuse (#112, maxi) and it is fine. Even swapped the fuse with the passenger side power seat and it still doesn't work (the passenger power seat worked with the fuse taken from the drivers power seat). The heated seat option works fine. I checked every other fuse that I thought could remotely be tied to the power seats and they're all good. I rechecked my wiring under the foot sill panel and it's all good, nothing pinched or rubbing or anything. I'm stumped.

Am I looking at a fuse or something bigger?

On Edit: when trying to adjust the seat or the pedals, I can hear a click under the drivers seat as if power is getting to the motor but it isn't working. Hmmm....

Well, I bought a new fuse for the drivers seat and....it worked. Don't ask me how that is because I swapped it with a good fuse yesterday and the seat wouldn't work.:dunno Whatever, it's working so I'm a happy camper.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58