Driver Seat Memory

`08 Blue Crew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has the Driver Seat Memory package. It isn't working right. When my wife drives the truck she hits the #2 button for her seat settings. It seems that when she does this, the settings for the #1 button (my setting) get set to hers too. When I reset #1 to my settings, #2 gets changed too.:dunno

Does anyone know where I can find repair info to figure what is going on here? I am not sure how complicated hey make this feature.

Also, no need to tell me to set it to my settings and not let her drive it anymore. Won't work; not letting her drive the truck is NOT an option. She would rather drive the truck than her own car. And it doesn't bother me at all.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know about your 2008 truck, but on a Lincoln that I had a few years back, you set the seat when you got in with you key in the ignition switch, then when she got in she would use her key and do the same thing. Putting key # 1 or key #2 in the ignition is what told the seat where to go to.
Doug

`08 Blue Crew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, but the truck ain't that sophisticated. I have to set the seat, pedals and mirrors where I want them, then press 1 and then SET. My fie does the same thing then presses 2 and then the SET button. I'm thinking there is some sort of control module somewhere that is going haywire. Hopefully it doesn't feed back thru the computer.

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
on my 2010 f150
it has the memory features that are tied to the key and buttons
I have found...after lighting storms the seat will go to who ever unlocks the truck...and if you select the other button it stays put.
which cause you to have to reset and relearn each button and key fob
soooo
i would disconnect the batteries
wait 10
then re program your seat to button 1 and then to button 2 as laid out in the owners manual.
then do each key fob to correspond with who ever is #1 and #2...

think of the trucks as a microsoft program....they get bored and do what ever until we catch em at it.

`08 Blue Crew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr

Thanks for the reply. I created my own door code to one that I can remember. I noticed that if my wife left the seat in her setting and I use the code to unlock the door, it will automatically go to my settings. But it does not do this with the key. The newer trucks must have a smart key that were not used yet in `08.

That said, I agree these things are like MS programs in that they reserve the right to fail, or function erratically, at any time, for no reason. I bought this truck off the lot. I normally would not get all of these electrical gadgets. The more crap ya got, the more crap can break.

One of these days I will deal with it. It is not the kind of thing that I am going to lose sleep over, or rush to a dealer about. I will search for some diagrams and/or manuals online that describe ow it works and take it from there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58