Driveway drip

missingsc331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After driving the truck for any amount of time and parking it it leeks about a 1 and a half foot in diameteter puddle of what seems to be antifreeze .. please tell me this is not headgaskets ... i cant tell exactly where its coming from

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
are you sure it's antifreeze?

If you have the A/C on auto, it's condensation run off, which is normal.

missingsc331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought it was just condensation at first also but it seems to be staining the driveway. It seems to be mostly dead center but a little more on the driver side. Thanks

atk

Reaction score
maybe you can start by checking all the hose clamps, make sure they are tight and not broken....also would be a good idea to have your coolant system pressure tested(if you lived closer i could help you out there)that way with a constant pressure you could inspect where the coolant is leaking from....from where you said is leaking, could be lower rad hose, rad, water pump, but without actually being there, these are guesses....hope this helps

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Dip your finger in the drip stain and taste it, anti-freeze will be bitter-sweet. But I'm thinking with the size puddle you described you would surely notice a drop in coolant level in the de-gas bottle.

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Im having the same problem. I lose a gallon of collant every 2-3 days if not topped off. Im not over heating so i think the water pump works but it is leaking around the pump could it be the wp gasket? Also how difficult is it to change the wp? When it rains it pours my power sterring is also leaking like crazy. I fill it and drive to store (5 miles) and come home and its empty and is all over the underside of truck. Lucky I have 2 trucks but I want to drive my Diesel my gasser is a wus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg