Driving a "slug"?

goldhilljoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watching the boob tube this AM--2 GUYS GARAGE. 02 Duramax -added new TURBO , l/h exh manifold, new tuner air int and Exh., some tranny work=500+HP and 900+ torque with Mustang Dyno. Doesn`t seem fair, considering the amount of mods, etc.. just to get 300 out of a PS. IT IS ONLY:p MONEY- I guess I didn`t realize just how much power the Japan engine makes. Been spending most of my spare time readin the 94-97 PS stuff. Got to get out more. Hard to imagine that the 6.6 is that much more technologicaly advanced than the 7.3. Makes me feel as though I`m drivin an IDI?
MERRY CHRISRMAS TO ALL:thumbs

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
used to watch them , but they have just turned into a big commerical with no real focus or direction, just spend money and who cares what breaks. trucks went to the same pile of junk shows
we need a BIO show :D :D

smokyred

SDD Wannabe Mod #2
Reaction score
HAHA, I don't worry too much about my "slug". It gets faster by the month and in general seems to have less problems than the SD's, IMHO. Maybe that's just because they make a TON of SD's and maybe not as many OBS trucks.

OBS all the way :thumbs

Dave

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I would never trade my OBS truck for one of them if they had 500 horse from the factory. There is just something about the OBS trucks that is hard to beat.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm quite partial to my slug.

I personally am quite pleased with what mine was capable of w/ stock injectors heck even completely stock....Most of my upgrades have been replacements of failed/failing parts (that includes injectors) I've ridden in 500+ hp trucks and while it's nice and goes fast it's not going to tow a trailer any better than mine, you might win the redlight drag races w/ a trailer but I'll pass on that nonsense. I'll take my 250-300hp from my stroke now and the 16-18mpg anyday over more power & worse mileage. (the mileage really pisses my bro off cause that's what he gets out of his stock jeep)

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
I Love my "slug" too. She has plenty of power for what I need her to do, especially after I got BPD injectors and chip. I not really into the high HP race bit, but I like to be able to pass on these 2 lane highways around here with no problems.:cowboy:

ytee

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I love my slug and I think I will keep driving it. I am not sure how fast a 03 6.0 with a Edge juice Platinum with Attittude but I beat one by three truck lengths 0-80 today. I am pretty sure a 6.0 with Juice and Attitude is about 400 RWHP.

Chris

goldhilljoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chris-good job. I`ll bet the guy with the 6.0 is wondering if there is something wrong, gettin whipped by the :thumbs 7.3.
My whole point was that I can`t believe how much power the new trucks are making with just a few "add -ons."$$$$$$$$+$$$
Merry Christmas and keep up the good work.:thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14