Driving & Towing 5th wheel

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I have a 2012 F-450 DRWLB with 1500 miles and the truck bounces pretty good going down the road at 70mph. At 65 it's tolerable. I have noticed if your driving on concrete it's worse than asphalt. I'm running 75psi in the front and 60psi in the rear. Those are the pressures listed on the tire placard on the door jam. Hooked up to our 41' fifth wheel it rides real well. What a work horse.

Mine is about the same. Some concrete is worse than others. I'm thinking about putting on some better quality shocks, otherwise air ride would be nice :D

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get your tire checked too. I had two diffrent sets put on my truck. The tire the truck comes with stink.

FSupperSchuttler

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello out there Supper Duty Fans… I am going to be a new owner of a Supper Duty Diesel truck soon.. I need some help in finding out what F-series I am going to need for what I am planning on doing for the next 5 to 10 years. I am planning on buying a 5th wheel that weighs about 14,000 fully loaded. I want to know if pulling the 5th wheel with a F250 will do just fine, or do I have to get a F350 to do the job.. I know people out there will say if you don’t want to feel that your pulling something behind you, go with the F-350. I really don’t at first want to have to get a 350 if I don’t have to. I need some real help in this area. It will not be a new one either. I am looking at a two to Three year old truck with low mileage. I also want since I have heard the only best about the 6.7L 8clylinder Diesel is the way to go.. I need to know is crew Cab or supper Cab bigger. Should I go long bed, or Short bed.. I need lots of room in the back seating for a pet carrier for two Cats… Please help me figure this out. I know the bigger the Better is always the way to go, but I need to know if 250 will be Just fine for me… Thank you for your help in this matter… Mark

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The F-350 is basically the same truck with suspension and running gear improvements. By the way it is spelled Super and not Supper. I would never own a F-250 again after owning 3 F-350s. It feels like a more capable truck. Go for it and you won't be sorry. ;tu

Dave

702GT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I bought a 250 to do the job you speak of. Be fearless, get air bags. Also nothing wrong with a 350. I got a great deal on my '13 F250, the 350's were just not in my price range, i didnt want a $500+/mo payment.

Ratchet

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Nice looking truck!! We also had a F-450 Kings Ranch dually to pull our fifth wheel toy hauler. I agree with you, what a work horse. It felt so solid pulling that trailer. We've since sold our fifth wheel and traded down to a Super Duty F-250 6.7, crew cab, short box platinum to pull our new 31ft airstream. We loved our 450 and we love our 250.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope you enjoy your new 31 ft Airstream, I hear they pull real easy, but the inside always reminded me of a coffin.
Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58