DT 466-E problems

uloadit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 DT 466-E with a engine brake, I have no codes it runs ok at start up but about 15 min later it will start to sound like all 6 cylinders bog down and lops with a heavy cackle like it fighting something. The reading I get said it has no axl pressure when it does this but the oil pressure gauge I put on it says it has 8000lbs steady ,I cant find the ICP on the head anywhere. When it goes into this fit the oil line I have tap into it flexes at the same time,like the oil pressure is building up to much pressure in to the head and then will relax and flex up and then relax . What is strange is it does this every 7 seconds then straighten out then goes back into a fit ( dies down and has a heave cackle ) then straightens out when it warms up it will eventually go away. All 6 cylinders do this at the same time.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
first thing you do when workin on a dt466e is to treat it like a PSD.they both have basicaly the same injection system.on the drivers side of the head you will see a rail bloted to the head with the HPOP line and fuel line running into it.in the middle of that rail is the ICP sensor.the guage your using is way off.you should have 5-600 PSI at idle.the factory HPOP is not capable of building over 4500PSI.same hpop the 7.3 PSD uses.sounds like you got a couple bad injectors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58