DT466 Turbo??

Power Stroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Bought a 3-4 month old turbo off a DT466 today from a friend. The engine had blowed so they decided to retire the truck. Had to give him a wopping $100.00 for it and I think that was cheap enough even if I don't ever use it.

So now I am wondering what I bought and will it be any good on my power stroke???

I don't think it will be that difficult to install from what I can tell.

What do you all think of this idea??

Any input from you guys is greatly appriciated.

Thanks

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i was told those are hx 40's, its gonna take a new pedistal to mount that. I dunno if youd gain anything by swapping to that or not.

luke

Power Stroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Done some research and it is a GT40 turbo.

Compressor housing is A/R .58 and turbine housing is A/R 1.06

The closest thing I can find is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GARR...013QQitemZ230025504592QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Only mine is a non-wastegate version.

I am really curious if this will be any real upgrade or not??

Come on guys I know some one here will have a good answer.

I guess I can always put it on ebay if it is no good to me.

Power Stroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I guess no one knows anything about this turbo or what it will do??

AlaskaRedneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power Stroke said:
I guess no one knows anything about this turbo or what it will do??

Sorry, I never even heard of it:dunno

Best of luck finding out about it.
-Stouff

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PS, There was something on a International page that I was reading the other day and it said that some of the race guys are using the turbo's off of the DT-466 or 504's for more power, but it took a real big injector. Sorry I can't fine it now.

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Power Stroke said:
Bought a 3-4 month old turbo off a DT466 today from a friend. The engine had blowed so they decided to retire the truck. Had to give him a wopping $100.00 for it and I think that was cheap enough even if I don't ever use it.

So now I am wondering what I bought and will it be any good on my power stroke???

I don't think it will be that difficult to install from what I can tell.

What do you all think of this idea??

Any input from you guys is greatly appriciated.

Thanks
I know virtually nothing about it, other than I can hazard a guess, which I would think to be pretty accurate, that you are going to need a BUNCH of fuel to run it. Hybrid injectors and maybe a dual HPOP. Otherwise, I think you're going to have a buttload of lag at the bottom end. With stock injectors, I am thinking that you would probably see a perfromance DECREASE by installing this turbocharger. But like I said, I know nothing, this is all gut feel...

Power Stroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hoss 350 said:
I know virtually nothing about it, other than I can hazard a guess, which I would think to be pretty accurate, that you are going to need a BUNCH of fuel to run it. Hybrid injectors and maybe a dual HPOP. Otherwise, I think you're going to have a buttload of lag at the bottom end. With stock injectors, I am thinking that you would probably see a perfromance DECREASE by installing this turbocharger. But like I said, I know nothing, this is all gut feel...

I guess I should have specified that when I get the $$$ this turbo will be going on along with Stage 3's and a Stealth system. Prolly will even add some Nitrous to the mix.

Guess I will see just how much boost the stock head bolts and gaskets will take.

Thanks