Help Needed DTC Code P0675

spearodafish

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody..hoping that maybe somebody here can help me answer a question about a couple DTC's. I get P0675 & P0677 which I know are related to those specific cylinder's #5 & 7 glow plugs. I had the same issue about 75K miles ago and had the dealer change some "clips" not the plugs and all was well. I am hoping to do this myself and wondering where these "clips" are located and the amount of work it will be to change them? Are they under the VC? I'm very mechanically inclined (have built gas motors) but cautious about tearing into my workhorse. Any help on these mystery "clip" connections to the glow plugs would be helpful.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
walk in the park..
the clips in mention are indeed under the valve cover, and used as a redundant lock over connectors that typically get brittle with heat and age..

driver side valve cover is easy,
passenger side takes a little more effort, you may have to go through the fenderwell opening to access the lower rear bolts.. and it takes a tad bit of finargaling around, but it does come out without mass quantities of dis-combulation.

spearodafish

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks John for your reply. Out of curiosity, which side on the 7.3l is the #1 cylinder? Passenger or Driver side front? At least the code is the #5 & #7 (same side)

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Thanks John for your reply. Out of curiosity, which side on the 7.3l is the #1 cylinder? Passenger or Driver side front? At least the code is the #5 & #7 (same side)

#1 is always the farthest cylinder forward toward the radiator.. only exceptions I know are some older KIA's and a few antique tractors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14