Dual needle gauges?

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen boost and egt gauges with two needles? What I mean is one needle that works like normal, and one that shows the highest point the needle reached. I would really like to find something like this for my buddys pulling tractor because a data logger is really expensive. Going down the track, he is to busy to try and read gauges, so these would be great. Thanks for any info.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never seen on...or heard of one. Guess you could rig up a camera to keep an eye on them then plau it back:dunno. just a thought

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
what about one of those BD x monitors? I wonder if they could log the highest reading? And then you could go back and see the highest reading. They are digital but if its all thats available it might work.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen boost and egt gauges with two needles? What I mean is one needle that works like normal, and one that shows the highest point the needle reached. I would really like to find something like this for my buddys pulling tractor because a data logger is really expensive. Going down the track, he is to busy to try and read gauges, so these would be great. Thanks for any info.

You might try Westach :dunno

Joe

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You won't find any dual gauges that are mechanical AND electronic in the same package. Won't fit.

Dave

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thans for the input guys. A seperate gauge for boost and EGT would be fine. We just need a way to know what the highest reading going down the track was. We are running a completly different set-up this year. Bigger turbo, intercooler, new gearing, and new water injection system. Somewhere around 650 Hp out of a DT466 is where we're at, if our benchtop match is close. The 5400 rpm's help that Hp number out alot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14