Dubya dropped in for lunch!

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought this was pretty cool- it's not everyday that the Prez cruises in front of the office anyway! Dubya flew into town today for lunch. Shut down the entire city for a couple of hours, then left! All interstates, highways, and city streets that were anywhere NEAR his route were completely stopped for about an hour during his coming/going. It was a pretty big inconvenience for traffic, but kinda neat too! A guy here at the office got a couple of snapshots of the motorcade and AF1 passing by the office as he was flying out. I zoomed in on AF1 so you could see it better. ENJOY!

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He was swinging through here for a $1,000-per-plate fund-raising luncheon for a fellow republican here in town. He was only here for about 4 hours and traffic was stopped for 3 of those 4 hours. If you had an appointment or somewhere you needed to go.... SORRY!

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
I was in Milwaukee several years ago, while Bill Clinton was campaigning for his second term. The airport stopped moving, and nobody knew why. Suddenly everyone's head turned towards the runway as AF1 roared, then lifted into the sky.

Admittedly, I am not a Democrat, and wasn't very fond of his platform...but there is something about seeing AF1 take to the sky. I was proud of that aircraft, and proud to be an American under the authority of President Clinton.

That may not make much sense to many, but that moment left an indelible mark on me that exists today.

God Bless President Bush.
God Bless America.
I am blessed to be an American, no matter who the President is.

Last edited:

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
President Bush was in Qatar while I was there. I didn't see him speak because of the shift I was on, but I do have pictures of AF1 on the tarmac here somewhere. Pretty cool.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am blessed to be an American, no matter who the President is.

Same here!!! I saw President Bush many years ago, before he was Governor and before he bought the Texas Rangers baseball team. Actually it was in 1988 when Bush "41" was running and President Reagan came to the Mesquite Rodeo Arena. Seeing a President of the United States in person is quite an experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg