Dyno Results..

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
So we had our big annual dyno day this past weekend and with over 130 smoke belching diesels we were unable to dyno all of them, but we got most of them through. Saturday we dyno'd around 75 trucks or so and sunday i'm not sure how many we did, but the guys at ART called it a day at 2PM.

My truck dyno'd at 352 hp and 731 tq. this was with stage 1's, CPR fuel, 6637, exhaust, TW tunes on extreme, 120v IDM, and a TE 17* HPOP. not too bad i don't think. what do you guys think needs to be done by next year to smack the 500 mark in the face? now that i can work on project F-150 i will hopefully have time to work on mine a lot more b/c i will be driving the f-150. do y'all think that 180cc injectors w/ 80% over stock nozzles and a modded H2E will do it?

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
what the heck is a 6.0 cac?! haha. i was going to hopefully do a diesel site HPOP overdrive and maybe stage 3's with a modded H2E, head studs, and ported heads. you think the bottom end needs a girdle? if so i could probably just pull the engine and put in a girdle and forged rods, cromoly pushrods and just hi rev valve springs and dump the ported heads idea for now. haha

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
6.0 SD Charge Air Cooler, or a.k.a. intercooler

i think that you can build 500hp without strengthening the bottom end, but how long will it last before you grenade it and end up starting from scratch. our blocks dont come with windows from the factory, and putting them in gets expensive.

if so i could probably just pull the engine and put in a girdle and forged rods, cromoly pushrods and just hi rev valve springs and dump the ported heads idea for now.

all would be perfect supporting mods for 500hp. the quest for more power gets exponentially more expensive for every extra hp....doesnt it stink?! :D

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
Gonna need to add more oil than a 17 degree pump can supply as well.

yep, adding a diesel site HPOP overdrive... haha. so does anyone think that i would need to fire ring the head or anything or just do head studs? i think that the modded h2e with stage 3's will probably make a lot of boost. how much i'm not sure, but my buddy with 160cc stage 2's and a stock h2e is making somewhere over 30psi(only has 30psi boost guage).

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say don't go to crazy. You have done a great job on your truck so far in such a short time. You are putting out some great numbers but I know how the need for more is addicting.

Do what you can but don't risk trashing your engine. They say it is all part of the game but you have to take that into perspective.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
well i have my list for things to buy to hopefully make the 500hp mark, but hopefully it will be safe... haha. anyone think i would need to do pistons? my pistons look good and so do my cylinder walls so if i don't have to spend more money on pistons then i would rather leave them alone, but if the power is going to get to them then i will try to find some. let me know if i'm missing anything. i wanna be able to take this thing out and drive it on the street whenever i feel like it so i need it to NOT come apart in the middle of the road somewhere

crower Rods
WOP 3" aluminum intakes
WOP chromoly pushrods
Hypermax Hi Rev Valve Springs
H-11 headstuds
ported, polished, and maybe o-ringed heads
stage 3's
Brass uppipe donuts
Modded H2E
Diesel Site high pressure oil overdrive

One more thing, anyone know where to find an H2E kit(without the turbo) for a decent price? a buddy of mine is selling a modded H2E with a 19cm housing for 600 bucks and i would like to go ahead and buy it if i can get the rest of the kit cheap.

Last edited:

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
expecting to be done in about 6-8 months, but who knows. i have no clue if i'm going to cut the crossmember out from under the truck to get the rods out or if i'm just going to pull the engine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58