E-Brake Cable

ChrisMartinTX

97 F-250
Reaction score
Do our trucks end up with the same not wanting to release problem the older trucks had? Nothing is wrong with mine (knock on wood) just wondering if anything was ever done to correct it or if I should go ahead and put a sping on this one too... or go with the if it ain't broke do fix it philosophy. :thumbs

-Chris

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ChrisMartinTX said:
Do our trucks end up with the same not wanting to release problem the older trucks had? Nothing is wrong with mine (knock on wood) just wondering if anything was ever done to correct it or if I should go ahead and put a sping on this one too... or go with the if it ain't broke do fix it philosophy. :thumbs

-Chris
I put the spring on mine just to make sure. The factory cables (especially driver's side) would not release and trashed a drum. They had a TSB for rerouting the cable for that one. I replaced the cables with ones from a FLAPS (friendly local auto parts store) and the housing sheath cracked to where it would let water in and corroded the internals (and froze in winter) that caused binding. I went back to the factory cables and they are working fine (smoooooth ... knock-on-wood :rolleyes: ). Cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58