Early '99 Exhaust ... Need Help ASAP

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Before you all go running off and delete the Cats, does your state have any laws about it? You may or will have inspections in the future. Be careful if you rod out the cat.

Dave

If your truck was equipped from the factory with a cat/con, the Feds get royally bent if you remove it.

Find a low-restriction replacement if you HAVE to do something with it.

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about this Summit kit?

Summit Aluminized Diesel Exhaust Systems: SUM-680002 - summitracing.com

That one is the 4" turbo back kit that is aluminized steel. Under $300.

You can also opt for a stainless steel version for $100 more.

Poke on Summit's stuff if you want, lol ... but I run a Summit H-pipe on my Mustang that I have absolutely no complaints on. But honest opinions here please.

JRJ04

Reaction score
I think this is very comparable to what I have on mine (maybe a little better) and as i said with mine it wasnt a very good fit (had to modify the last hanger and recut the pipe to get it looking good). Basically, if i had to do it all over, I wouldve spent the extra money and gotten the mbrp. but this does not look bad. it looks better than what ive got on mine.

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know this! Thanks! I checked Texas law, it says:

So, at least in Texas, if you've got a turbo, you don't have to have a muffler...

Where did you go to check the Texas law. I have been wanting to read up on some things about the exhaust. Thanks

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those skeptical of removing a cat ... I agree. There will always be visuals. And inspectors will always know (somehow) what specific truck are supposed to have a cat or not.

However, no matter how laws change, I never foresee us having to do a sniffer test. Maybe the newer year trucks, but not the older one's.

With that said .... they're not gonna remove your piping at an inspection station to see if the cat is gutted. I just had mine inspected an hour ago. They looked under the truck for a millisecond, lol. I have no muffler and they said nothing about that, either.

Back on topic ... I am just gonna do a cat-back for now.

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay ... I have a hook-up.

Can someone please elaborate on the Early '99 DP? So a '99.5 - whatever DP will not work?

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TTT

Can someone please help here? I need to know what DP I can use. What DP are you Early '99 guys using?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg