Early '99 Exhaust ... Need Help ASAP

IdahoPowerStroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Newbie Questions on the subject.....

So how much noisier is it going to be inside the cab with muffler & cat deleted? What kind of power gains can one expect? Will this improve fuel economy....if you keep your foot out of it?

condon66

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I put the 4" Summit on my early '99 with no problems AT ALL. I put it on with no help and didn't have to modify anything. You can't beat their price.

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a summit dp on my early, it is a nice fit and you will need a friend to help you...one to hold the pipe in place so it doesn't touch anything and one to tighten the vband. Then I bought a few feet of straight 4" and a buddy's old 4" Cummins tailpipe and I made a side-exit in front of the rear tire.
Jesse

Lefty257

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I did the same as orion134, although I did it without help. Still easy. Had to cut the old DP to get it out. As for performance, a cold air intake is a must to gain anything. I noticed a little quicker turbo spool up and "off the line" acceleration. As for noise...turn the radio up a few.

condon66

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Are you talking turbo-back (including DP)? Or just cat-back?

Turbo back. Yes including DP. I had to cut the old DP to get it out and I tied the bottom of the new DP to the frame so as to hold it there while I got the v-band on. You may have to tighten your u-bolts (in the hanger spots) in a slightly rotated position in order to keep the pipe from touching anywhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg