EBP Valve mod...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you do this mod to use it as an exhaust brake? any bad side-affects??? Thanks

Doing that EBPV mod doesn't give you an "Exhaust Brake" like the ones available that basically.. Shut off.. the exhaust flow.... Slowing you down... with Minimal braking

What this mod Does do: instead of the PCM controlling the EBPV (for a faster warm up.. it's intended purpose) You can Manually, with a switch, control the EBPV. Doing that.... >Somewhat restricts< the AIR to the turbo.. Holding you back [JUST a BIT], for >Less< braking..

It's more like a Retarder.. of sorts. (All this is a Need To Know Factoid)

Works best on the 6 speeds @ RPMs over 2K, but Many of the Auto guys say it works well for them too.

I have it on my 2K.. I like it. Once you learn it's capabilities.. It HELPs, get'n down a hill.

Did it with a Plug'n Play Kit, I got off EBAY. 75 bucks, IIRC.

No bad side effects that I've seen, in the 120K I've used the H**L out of it in :dunno

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing that EBPV mod doesn't give you an "Exhaust Brake" like the ones available that basically.. Shut off.. the exhaust flow.... Slowing you down... with Minimal braking

What this mod Does do: instead of the PCM controlling the EBPV (for a faster warm up.. it's intended purpose) You can Manually, with a switch, control the EBPV. Doing that.... >Somewhat restricts< the AIR to the turbo.. Holding you back [JUST a BIT], for >Less< braking..

It's more like a Retarder.. of sorts. (All this is a Need To Know Factoid)

Works best on the 6 speeds @ RPMs over 2K, but Many of the Auto guys say it works well for them too.

I have it on my 2K.. I like it. Once you learn it's capabilities.. It HELPs, get'n down a hill.

Did it with a Plug'n Play Kit, I got off EBAY. 75 bucks, IIRC.

No bad side effects that I've seen, in the 120K I've used the H**L out of it in :dunno

Thanks...do you know where there are some links about how to do it and what I need?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC, a few guys here on SDD have fab'd their own versions.. but the Kit I have, had it all pre-wired, you plug it into the EBPV connection, the Brake switch and Go pedal... yer good to go.

You could look around on EBAY for it.. or do a Search here..:dunno

Joe

Last edited:

donpupera

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
cheapassdiesel.com sells them for around 100 to 150 and they do work. I use one on a 2000 F 250 towing up to 12000 lbs.and it helps braking. Not like a full fledge exhuast brake but it will help slow you down. They say no harm when used. Just know your limtitaions. They also sell a torque lock-up that you can install in conjunction with the brake and have better results.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cheapassdiesel.com sells them for around 100 to 150 and they do work. I use one on a 2000 F 250 towing up to 12000 lbs.and it helps braking. Not like a full fledge exhuast brake but it will help slow you down. They say no harm when used. Just know your limtitaions. They also sell a torque lock-up that you can install in conjunction with the brake and have better results.

That site expired almost 2 weeks ago:(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg