EBPV actuator oring location

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need a bit of help. I've finally got my turbo out, and I don't know if maybe my EBPV actuator rod's oring is missing or if I just can't see it. Anyone know of a part number for that oring, and where it goes? Is it visible externally (of the turbo)?

Thanks

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm replacing my pedestal o-rings, and don't want to have to take the turbo back out, are there other seals, etc that I should be looking at? My o-rings weren't as bad looking as I thought...

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
There is another set of o-rings under the pedestal. These seal the pedestal to the engine block. They are the same size as the ones between the turbo and the pedestal. Other than that it's the flimsy seal on the EBPV rod. You have to go internal to the EBPV to access it and might as well gut while you are there IMO. Note the oil spray pattern on my passenger side "up pipe" feeding the back of the turbo. See the oil spray? That was the tale tale sign that it was my EBPV.

View attachment 4663

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are a gentleman and a scholar. Here's what mine looks like... appears it's NOT leaking there.

'Preciate the help.. thanks.

Ben

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
With the pedestal o-ring kit there are four (4) o-rings, two go between the turbo and pedestal and two between the pedestal and engine intake. Looks like you intake o-rings were not leaking, how do the turbo to pedestal o-rings look?

There IS a seal kit for the EBPV actuator and here is the part #.

Exhaust BackPressure Valve Actuator Seal Repair Kit
(Ford) 2C3Z-9P466-BA (94.5-97)
(Ford) 2C3Z-9P466-AA (98-02)

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They looked pretty good. I don't guess they were leaking either... In fact, after I got it all out, I wondered --- did I really need to do this?

At least I was able to learn a bit more in the process. :thumbs

alaska_psd

old fart
Reaction score
Do you have any pics of your custom laptop mount??? I am wanting to make one, so I am looking at different ideas.

Thanks Jim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg