EBPV Cleanin'

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
Hey folks,
I was just wonderin' how an which tubes get cleaned on the waste gate? I think I've read before that it can help to minimize the malfunctioning of it by doin this? Thanks!!

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
The tube that usually needs cleaned to prevent EBPV malfunction is the one that runs from the passenger side exhaust manifold up to the back-pressure sensor mounted on the high pressure oil reservoir. It is just a little tube about 3/16" in diameter. Looks like a brake line.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Fireman said:
... which tubes get cleaned on the waste gate? I think I've read before that it can help to minimize the malfunctioning of it by doin this?

Not sure if you already know this, but the EBPV and the wastegate are 2 different things. The wastegate is part of the exhaust housing assembly. The EBPV is in a housing that's bolted to the exhaust housing. The EBP sensor is on a tube that bolts to the passengerside exhaust manifold. This sensor along with a few others dictate what the EBPV do. The tubes get clogged or some even get a hole in them. Some sensors go bad.

Do you have anything malfunctioning?

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
I actually thought they were the same...my bad. But anyways, its just seems like mine is always open....even after the truck warms up I still get that whoosh at 65 mph. I had just read before some ppl clean a tube of soot and what not , and that usually helps. I have disconected the red tube of the acuator? I dunno I may be chasin a ghost idea here too. Just wasn't sure on the facts and how to clean it if its doable. Is the tube or sensor your talkin about rooster hard to change or check? Thanks again folks.

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
The red tube goes to the wastegate not the EBPV. The EBPV is controlled by a two wire connector on the front of the pedestal under the turbo. If the EBPV is sticking open it will just increase your warm up times, many romove the EBPV entirely. If it is sticking closed you will not have any power and it will sound like a 747.

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
ok then it must be stickin closed..my bad again. Think I might order the cold front grill cover from Cabela's to try an help the situation?

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Fireman said:
ok then it must be stickin closed..my bad again. Think I might order the cold front grill cover from Cabela's to try an help the situation?

Well, a cold front grille cover will help warm up faster and stay warm once it gets there. My EBPV will shut off after about 20 mins on the freeway, but if I coast for too long, it will cycle back on for a while until the truck warms up again. a cold-front would probably help prevent this.

Just FYI, it was in the teens all weekend here, got a high of 24 today, with about 8" of snow on the ground. This would all be so much more fun if it wasn't dark before work and dark by the time I get off. Stupid North Latitiudes!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14