EBPV closing at 67 degrees?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Dieselmaster said:
Without a load it seems like only 50-100°'s
But with a load its more like 100°-200°

And as you approach the top end of the temps it seems to take longer...

I can hit 1100° pretty quick but going from there to 1300° takes much longer. Long slow climbing hills used to really chap my hide. They would get my temps up and then I would be backing out to keep from getting to hot... Now it can stay in it longer if not all the time to maintain the speed I want to.
Thank you Dieselmaster :cool: Being armed with new knowledge(to me) on the Powerstroke engines is priceless :sweet

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
I started the truck up yesterday morning with the outdor temperature at 67 degrees and the EBPV closed :confused:
Did it just close and then re-open. It should cycle when you first start the engine but if it stayed closed for any length of time then it is time for concern. It is much easier to clean the tube than gut the EBPV and then you still have it if you need it. Another option to make it stay open is to just unplug it.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Crumm said:
Did it just close and then re-open. It should cycle when you first start the engine but if it stayed closed for any length of time then it is time for concern. It is much easier to clean the tube than gut the EBPV and then you still have it if you need it. Another option to make it stay open is to just unplug it.
It'll close/partially close for the first minute or so then open up,but this is the first spring/early summer that this has occured other wise it used to close at 50-52 and under temps.

I know I've seen in another post at another site where the plug is but I'll ask here,where is it located? :)

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
I know I've seen in another post at another site where the plug is but I'll ask here,where is it located? :)

Take a look at THIS TURBO PIC, it has the plug labeled along with some other mods on my truck in that vicinity of the engine. :D

CHPMustang

Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
Take a look at THIS TURBO PIC, it has the plug labeled along with some other mods on my truck in that vicinity of the engine. :D
Thanks Antonio! It's like learning Diesels all over again except this time it's fun :sweet

John Deere

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Great post, my ebpv has been acting up over the winter, I used to think it didn't ever close, now I know it did now that it sticks closed on occasion. It mostly bothers me because my wife drives my '02 more than I do anymore, and I have seen the egt's get pretty high if I'm not careful when it is stuck.

I think I will gut it, since the pickup only has @ 40,000 miles, I don't want to mess with it again later.

Thanks for the info diesel master.

Brady

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Which one is that? Just unplug it? If you unplug it it will stay open. If you gut it you will have a little less restriction in the exhaust but not much. I keep my EBPV working but it gets a little chilly here from time to time. In warmer climates you don't need it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58