EBPV not working.

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got cold here. I noticed my truck is not warming up as fast as normal. I had the thermostat out and tested it. Works fine. Noticed today that the EBPV does not close. Where do I begin to find the problem? Will cleaning the tube help? I never cleaned it. Worked fine last winter up until the weather warmed up. Is there any way to check the valve to see if it is stuck? The truck idles up like it should. I know the valve is only to warm the motor quicker, but since it is in there, it might just as well be working like it should. Thanks for any help.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Yes, start with cleaning the tube. You can unhook the actuator arm off the bottom of the flapper under the turbo outlet and move the flapper back and forth to check for sticktion. (thats your big word for the day) Most likely the piston is OK in the pedestal. Check the electrical connection on the left side of the turbo that powers the piston solenoid and also when you clean the tube up front, get the hole in the manifold and the hole in the bottom of the EBPS clean as well.

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update

Checked the flapper and it moves freely. Also checked the plug. All seems OK there. Didn't have time to clean the pipe yesterday. Plan on doing it this week. I'll post my findings here when I am done.

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the EBP sensor and tube cleaned out. Sensor end was totally plugged. Good news is the EBPV works now. And I noticed a little better throttle response since cleaning it. Easier than It looked at first. Maybe something that should be done on a yearly basis. :dunno

Thanks to 95_stroker for the help. ;tu

JRJ04

Reaction score
were you able to remove the entire tube from the truck? I had hell getting mine off and finally said screw it and just disconnected it and cleaned it on the truck.

overworkedunderpaid

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Might be a stoopid question.... but what is this "tube" you speak of?? I ask because my EBPV is not working after recent turbo re-install, doesn't idle up either.

Clyde99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The "tube" exit/connects to the forward end of the right hand exhaust manifold, routes under the AC comp. and continues a short ways to the front center(ish) of the HPOP above the water pump where the EBPV sensor is mounted.

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I unscrewed both ends of the tube and the line almost fell out on it's own. Valve is closing now when the truck is first started and idles cold. I haven't noticed the valve closing while driving like it did before. My thought was maybe it's due to the larger volume of air flow due to installing the DIY air filter. Not sure if that is really the reason, but I don't know what else it might be. I'm happy with it working the way it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14