EBPV question

DieselDo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Good news, I think its fixed or at least operating correctly. Problem is I'm not 100% sure what I did. I replace the fuel filter because the gasket was leaking(another thread) and while there cleand out the EBP sensor, bracket and tube. All 3 of which were pretty filled with soot. After cleaning and reassembling and driving off this morning (at 22 deegrees, it was much more behaved and responsive. This afternoon, in the 50's, I could have swore someone did an engine swap it was running that well.

To answer some of the questions
Dpantazis:
1. K&n to be removed ASAP after reading about dusting and lack of filtration, will be installing a OE paper one for now. Was also thing about the 6637 mod. Not sure what the AIS is.

2. Was pressurizing with an adapter in the intake tube remove from the filter box, used regulator at 15PSI first, then again at 20PSI. Sprayed soapy water on the boots looking for bubbles.

3. Not to argue what you are say as I am inexpierenced with turbo diesel, but my jury rigged gauge was showing readings. on that some note Joe, I would say your 100% right except when holding the gauge in my hand the fluxuations stopped, only did it lying on the dash.

4.40 degrees sounds about right. I was aware it is to help warmup and not an emmissions device. I did not know of the fuel temp sensor. I only knew of, oil temp, air temp, coolant temp and backpressure sensor.Thanks for the tip.

5. the previous owner had some work done on it before he passed, I know the water pump, ball joints, and front wheel bearings were replaced, not aware of anything beyond that. Is there a visual way to verify if the boots have been replaced?

Thanks for all your input, Its much appericated.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
AIS is "Air Intake Systems", I think. They make a good filter system that does not pass dust and other contaminates. I can't help you with the fuel temp sensor, if there is one. I have not heard of it.

Dave :)

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The AIS (Air Intake System) IS.... an alternate, severe duty air intake setup from FOMOCO (so it's not a modification). Consists of a Waaay Larger, More Efficient intake snorkel, filter and filter box.

I had an open air filter on my 7.3.. got tired of the Howl.. under heavy throttle needs. Installed the AIS, cut a 3.5" hole in the fender side of the air box, fab'd a sleeve so it could draw additional air from the inter-fender OEM cutout.

Never looked back. Gave my 7.3 more available air flow.. than it would ever need. Quieter too. I could hear the turbo..:sly

Back to the EBPV.. Sounds like you've fixed it. Glad to hear it. ;tu;tu

Joe

DieselDo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Joe: I just wish I knew what I did that fixed it. I guess it was the tube/bracket/sensor cleaning.

The AIS is this something I can pick up at my local Ford parts supplier? any part numbers?

I know it will be more expensive, but I would rather keep my relation with my regular suppliers.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe: I just wish I knew what I did that fixed it. I guess it was the tube/bracket/sensor cleaning.

***I think that was it. Cleaning the EBPV parts'n pieces..... thru the years.. has fixed many EBPV gremlins.

The AIS is this something I can pick up at my local Ford parts supplier? any part numbers?

***No part # but Yes.. Ford has them but may have to order one. Some of our site sponcers may have them too.

I know it will be more expensive, but I would rather keep my relation with my regular suppliers.

Ford is ALLWAYZ more pricey. IH might be cheaper, but If some of yer regular guyz are in/on the Ford Parts net.. They could probably get one for ya.. It simply bolts on, right where your current set-up is. No drilling. Plug & Play.. as they say.

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58