EBPV revisited again!

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
Ok, I did a search and read a lot about it. just a few more questions. are there any negative side affects to just unplugging it? is it ok to leave it unplugged. and what is this possible leak that I have seen people talk about.

I don't have a garage that my truck can fit in, to work on it. So gutting the EBPV is for a later day.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
There is no side effect to unplugging it other than it wont work which is the goal anyways, it will set a soft code in the PCM (no SES light). The leak you are thinking of comes when you unhook the actuator arm and wire the butterfly open, wont happen if you are going to just electrically disable it.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an option ?

I've electricaly Re-Wired the EBPV to be used as an Exhaust break. Not nearly as effective as an in-line X brake, but I've found it helps to maintain speed, going down hills, with very little braking. I can still use it to speed up the Warm Up process but have control of it from a switch.

:dunno

Hint: when or if you disconnect the EBPV, put a jumper across the plug (male end). No Codes. (I used a piece of wire and taped it)

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big Joe,
do you have instructions on how to wire the EVBP to double as a exhaust brake????:thanks

No, sorry, I don't. This was one or the first Mods I did, 7 years ago.

I got the Mod as a Kit off Ebay. A pre-wired, Plug & Play thing. I Think.. one of the SDD site sponsors has them too. Also, one of the SDD members made up his own. You might do a search ?

:sorry

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14