EBPV wierd operation, need help

4drdually

Wrench Head
Reaction score
So my cold weather package works A+ in this truck, and dont want to gut the ebpv. but.... A couple times tonight while cruising at 35, you would hear the valve close and start the hissing. Bump the throttle and it would open right up. What gives? Any ideas? Dont think this is correct operation. Its also 35 degrees out.

Dan

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Couple of possibilities........... The EOT sensor might be acting up or more likely, the EBPV sensor tube is begining to plug off with soot.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
I get the same vaccum cleaner hissing noise at 35-40 mph when outside temp is below 40 degrees. Bryan

CHPMustang

Reaction score
We got the same thing with the 99.5 except it had to be in the 20's or lower for the EBPV to cycle when going down the road with the engine at full temperature.

Our Excursion cycles 32 degrees and down at full engine temperature.

Get's kind of annoying when throttling up a hill then the momentum slows down:td:

Doggy Daddy

"Junior Member"?? OUCH!!
Reaction score
On the 2 2000's I owned (both calibration code DAC3) that was common if the temp went below 40*F. It seemed like if I stopped long enough to go into a store (20-30 minutes in the hardware store) the IAT sensor would cool off and the whole cycle would start over again. I think that it measures how far you have driven to disengage the cycle. It seemed ridiculous to me that it would operate the EBV while I was driving at 60-65 MPH. I finally got tired of it and disabled it by disconnecting the IAT sensor. You will find it on the back side of the air filter box, if you squeeze the latch and wiggle it a little it will come off. It does not seem to effect the way the truck runs and it will store a code in the PCM (don't remember the number) for a faulty sensor but it didn't turn the SES (Check Engine) light on my truck. Since I had a BD exhaust brake that I could turn on for warmup at idle the only thing that was lost was the fast idle operation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58