Ebpv

RON.B54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it normal for the ebpv to cycle on and off while driving in really cold weather say below 30 degrees f , even if the truck is at near operating temperature?

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
What makes you think that it is cycling? Could be just stuck, I unplugged mine, and haven't missed it one bit. I've heard stories of the valve sticking or fluttering, and giving driveability issues.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
yes, it will cycle depending on actual coolant temperature..
you need a bib like the line-haul trucks have...

RON.B54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It comes on when at idle at and at cruising. It does open when you accelerate. I have noticed it more sense I changed out the muffler and the fact that it has been below 30 degrees here in eastern New Mexico for the last few mornings

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
If it doesn't effect the driveability at all, I wouldn't worry about it. I just unhooked mine to try to open up the exhaust flow a little more, plus I didn't need the Jet landing in my driveway in the morning!

RON.B54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it turn the cel on or throw a code? I guess it would not hurt it. I'll think I will unhook it

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno Mine's been dis-connected for years now, but I have it wired so I can control it with a switch..... use it as an exhaust brake (of sorts).. going down hills, towing..... or use it to speed up a warm up, at idle, on a cold, cold start.

JMO but it shouldn't be able come on randomly though.... it puts back pressure against the turbo.. and can cause it to overheat and you'd feel a serious power loss under throttle demands... if it's un-controlled. Smoke too.(an EGT gauge will reflect the temp increase)

Joe

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you have it wired?

I bought & installed a "Plug'n Play" kit to do it, from ebay.... but others here on SDD have fab'd their own version(s), I think some of the site sponsors may have the kits too :dunno

It's NOT an X-brake in the true sense.. it's more of a "Hold Back" that works best @ RPMs above 2K.. I'm a 6 speed, so I down shift to 5th and it works very well. On the "Big Roads", I flip it on, and just let it Drift down the hill, with very light breaking.. if any at all. Auto tranny's ?.. maybe some of the others will chime in ??

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58