EBV closing under part throttle

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
First cold morning today and my EBV is closing at light pedal application but opens when more pedal is applied. Didn't seam to close at idle but it is possible that I didn't wait long enough for it to close. I don't really want to disconnect it because I plan to take over manual control of it in the future, but I would like to know what is causing it to close now. Thanks Russ

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Russ,

Check the sensor tube, it is located at the bottom front of the right hand exhaust bank and snakes up the front of the block and connects to the EBP sensor. The tube will get plugged with soot and cause problems. A thin diameter cable chucked into a drill will clean it out.

Mike

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
Mike that is the hard line into the bottomof the sensor correct? do I just unscrew it from the sensor and run the cable thru or do I have to remove the tube from the truck to clean?
55004578kuIZVc_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Yeah, that is the one Russ and its easiest to clean off the truck. Use a solvent like carb cleaner while you massage it with the cable. Make sure the opening in the bottom of the sensor isnt cruded up too.

MPLAYER

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Is it possible for the EBV to close even if it is unhooked electrically? I have had mine unplugged for about a year but have suspected it may be closing sometimes.

Thanks

Mark

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Russ said:
First cold morning today and my EBV is closing at light pedal application but opens when more pedal is applied.

I would like to know what is causing it to close now.

Sounds to me like it is working as designed. It will open up when you hit the gas hard but partially close under light pedal application. As long as it quits doing it once the engine is up to operating temp then it is operating normally. What is causing it to close? "cold morning today"

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
MPLAYER said:
Is it possible for the EBV to close even if it is unhooked electrically?
Not probable but anything is possible. Some guys wire them open to make sure.

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
MPLAYER said:
Is it possible for the EBV to close even if it is unhooked electrically? I have had mine unplugged for about a year but have suspected it may be closing sometimes.

Thanks

Mark
Mines been unplugged for over 4 years and I don't think it has closed since. BTW, here in Michigan where it get cold, I feel the EBV is totally unnecessary for the Western Michighan weather.
Jim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14