Edge and Manual Tranny

Trapper77

2003 Owner
Reaction score
My truck will be going out of warantee soon on my 6.0 with 6 speed and I have been looking at the Edge Juice W/attitude. I see they have released the Platinum and are supposedly coming out with the A2. Are the tranny shift upgrades and other little dodads on the Platinum worth the extra cost over the Juice W/ attitude? It seems like a lot of the market is geared toward helping the tranny handle the increased power, all of this extra stuff is a waste for me right? I don't need the trans temp guages and the slip percentages etc.? Can someone please help me out? Thanks in advance.

Trapper

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
not sure if this helps but i bought mine and its the best $800 I've ever spent, love burnin them ricers!

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
Trapper77,

I think you will find it well worth it to get the Platinum and Attitude, the A2 is not yet available. Full shifting controls, turbo timer, and full gauge set etc. The sales here have been very vry brisk since they came in, folks have been waiting for them as they are now the king of the hill for the 6.0 HP wise. In the very near future they will also have an extra 20+ HP available too for those that want extra HP.

Mark @ DPPI

Trapper77

2003 Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I guess what I am really asking is what differences, besides the turbo timer, are there between the Juice/Attitude and the Platinum/Attitude that pertain to a Manual Transmission? I know the A2 is not out yet but I am still some time away from purchase and if it is the cats pajamas I will probably wait.

Trapper

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
Trapper77,

The turbo timer and the tran temp are the main things, there are a lot of other parameters that you can get the display to show that the regualr Attitude won't. After thinking about it for a while unless you want the turbo timer, you should really get the regular Juice/Attitude and save the cost difference. I guess I wasn't paying attention to your post and the manual trans thought!! Call us if you have any questions etc we stock them both!

Mark @ DPPI

Trapper77

2003 Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Mark, much appreciated. I am still a little ways off on picking one up. I was going to grab one after about 20,000 miles but the wife said no way, not until it is out of warantee. So I am waiting and seeing all the new goodies out. Thanks again.

Trapper

Shawnrans

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Trapper,
I have had the edge w/att. on 2 6.0 trucks. While they are a good product I would strongly reccommend that you take a look at the SCT Xcalibrator II.
There is a lot more bang for your buck and are proven to have better results
than any tuner out on the market for the 6.0. You will need to buy guages but you only need two. When you buy your guages, the A pillar, and the SCT
you will still be money ahead and have a superior product. Call Jody at DP Tuner and he will take good care of you.:thumbs
Shawn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim