EDGE EVOLUTION??? ANY GOOD?

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
Yes they will do the job for you. It should have a 60hp setting that is good for towing and an 80 HP setting that will wake up your engine unbelievable and a 100hp setting that I never tried because the 80 was more than enough for me. I am currently using a DP 3 position flip chip only because I like the ability to go from stock to 85ph with a flick of a switch instead of loading it in and keeping it loaded.

Jim

Last edited:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
the evolution won a crapload of SEMA awards when it came out, its definatly a good programmer. i borrowed one for a week and loved it.

KYmxracer52

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just checked on the Evolution at my local LineX store today. I want to get something for my 05 6.0, and the Evo is in my price range. The new model has the Attitude in-cab display, so you can change your tune from the driver's seat. Its not an on-the-fly adjustment, truck must be stopped, but still, you don't have to hook up an external programmer to do it. Plus with the new one, you get digital gauges to monitor truck vitals.

trinityracing

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I run one on my 2002 and love it.. takes no time to program the truck and when your done it comes out so no one knows... you absolutely feel the gain...

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm loving mine so far! I especially like that you get set parameters for your engine and the monitor flashes red when you hit one.

360ram14

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey there, new to the thread. FYI, im on here for my dad. He owns a 2001 7.3 and wants to add power for pulling.

I bought one of these from a friend. Its for the 7.3. After we programmed it, the FUEL IN WATER light came on. The techs at the dealership said it fryed or did something to the computer. Any input on this??

Thanks alot,
EThan.

*Not trying to hijack the thread or anything.

northshore

Northshore
Reaction score
Ive got a edge evo, i did not like it at all, and got a new pcm from jody, now thats the way to go in my opinion. I only used it for a few days and couldnt stand it..... how ever my sil has one and they like it ok.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just some more feed back after running the edge awhile. In my opinion its a ok programmer, like I said before its nice cause it has the gauges built in, but I will be going with a something better soon. I may keep it for the gauges until I can get some good gauges to mount on the a-pillar. I want something(DP TUNER) thats is programmed especially for my truck with the mods I have. The edge is more of a generic device and it has the programs for a automatic and mines a 6speed, just one example.

MidwestOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Evo 2 is a good programmer. It does have its advantages over others since it does have built in gauges,

Most programmers are set up with exhaust and air intakes in mind so need for a custom tuned chip if thats all you have,

the edge has good programs but custome tuned are better. for the average guy the downloaders are more than enough. i found it was on the hot side made smoke and hit max egts pretty quick. Butwith its built in features it defueld before any problems would arise.

with its tranny features there was never any slip.

its 0-60 and and 1/4 are a nice feature as well as DTC counter and reader. color chage ability..

It really was the catz azz.. I did go to a DP tuner and am happy, but miss the small compact size and features of the EDGE. I was lucky to run the edge with DP tunes for awhile . Best of both worlds.. but i do like the switch on the fly ability of the DP F-5 Chip.

I would rate teh Edge Evo 2 as the better downloader out there. it is the best bang for the buck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58