Edge evolution error code when installing

Jaxmike

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Attempted to install and got error code 14, Edge says that it cannot communicate with PCM. Cigar fuse ok. Looked for aftermarket chip that may have been installed- no chip. Truck runs fine, any way to check PCM other than dealership? Use is mainly traveling to construction jobsites and 2000# pop up truck camper. Appreciate any comments

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Error code 14 is not a Ford Code. Check with Edge. Ford codes are like P0123, all of them have a letter and four digits.

Dave :dunno

Jaxmike

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for response, to clarify: The Edge code was displayed as 14, Edge told me it was a communication issue with PCM

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That sounds like the tuner is/was not properly installed. Did the Edge ever work properly? I looked at the Edge website and I could not find any information on Code 14 or any other Codes, other than the factory DTC's for all trucks.

Dave

Jaxmike

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Its a brand new edge, I spoke to them again today and they said to try putting a battery charger on and close doors, interior lights, no radio, etc... and try agian. They said that even very small fluctuations in voltage may cause this. As far as install goes, just plugged it in- the edge powered itself up and immediate 14 code. Going to try again this evening.

Jaxmike

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Problem solved. Plugged programmer into a friends truck. Same error code. Bad programmer. Exchanged and new one works great. Thanks for all your responses and suggestions. Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg