edge evolution

'57turbo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there have the new Edge Evolution? Looking for some insite on programers before I purchase one. Not wanting a race truck just a little pep and milage if Ican keep my foot out of it.:D

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a auto or 6speed? I have the Edge EVO 2 with a 6 speed and the tow setting aint much. I run mine in the race mode all the time and watch my EGT's. It is nice for the code reader but apparently it wont read ABS brake codes(my lights on now and it says no codes stored). It takes awhile to change programs on it. Dont know how well it does with the auto trannys. I have never really played with any of the custom settings on it. The way you can set limits on it for EGT, RPM, Boost,Etc. is nice. It will flash red when you hit the limits. If I wouldve found these forums before I bought it I would have gotten a DP tuner. I hear really good things about them. You can get a Economy tune that they say really helps fuel mileage and I hear they have a drivthru tune that quiets the motor down. You can pretty much change them on the fly too, I think. But youll have to buy gauges separate where the Edge has them. When I get the money I will be getting a DP but keeping my Edge for the gauges. With the mods in my sig I get 17 mpg around town with it in the race setting. Not trying to talk you into a DP though. The Edge is a good entry level programmer for the money, I think. Hope this helps.

'57turbo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

I appreciate the info. The more info the better:sweet
Thanks, Duane

michael521

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
HI,
I have an Evo 2 , I like it, it does take some time to change programs, but I like the adjustability it offers. I was leaving it on level 2 but found 3 to be the same economy and more fun.No real problems to speak of.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
go with the dp-tuner. you definitely won't be sorry and if you have questions about it you can call jody and he can answer all your questions. Jody is really nice to talk to about programming with. i just talked to him the other day about getting one of his chips. i have the first gen of the evolution and i don't like it much now that i have injectors. i would go with the dp-tuner with a 80hp economy tune on it.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58