edge evolution

moto058

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pros or cons on the edge evolution (the new unit that shows egt and other temps) thanks for your input

Nautorious1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003, 7.3 F-250 and I had the Edge Evolution and ended up getting rid of it. The power gains were good, but the upshift to second was horrible in any mode, which I did not feel comfortable with for a stock tranny. I switched to Superchips Flashpaq and have had great results and i'm very happy with it. For the $, I'd go with Flashpaq.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it on my 6 speed and I run it in the race mod all the time, watching my EGTs of course. In my opinion its a decent beginner programmer. I bought it before I found all these forums and i got a real good deal on it so I dont think I went wrong. The tow setting is worthless with a 6 speed, and takes forever to change between settings. It is nice to have the gauges, and I will keep it when i get a better chip for that reason. Also having the code reading ability is nice because a whole lot of these trucks trip the p1211 code(I think thats the number,) when adding extra HP like with a chip or programmer and sets the CEL. With the edge you can clear it without having to take the truck somewhere to have it done or going through the trouble of hooking up another code reader. Also the way you can set the limits on things like EGT, speed and RPM is nice because it flashes red when it hits them. I have never really played with any of the settings for creating your own custom programs, so it may be possible to make it even better. FWIW, when I get the money I'll be going with a DP tuner. I just keep spending the extra cash on other stuff for the truck. Hope this helps.

JRJ04

Reaction score
From a performance standpoint, dp tuner or twildman will blow the edge out of the water. A better all around deal is to buy some gauges and get a custom burned chip. that will give you the most power and best mileage.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Those that do have the Edge do seem to like them although as mentioned there are better performance options out there.

Powerstrokebloke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Being over here in Australia its pretty hard to get anything for these trucks, and just this week I purchased an Edge evoloution (very first mod YET) and am blown away with it. I am very happy so far, but did feel the funny upshift, although now it seems to have gone away after a day.
I also have a banks bullet to install yet, unsure if both will work together....any ideas?

Nautorious1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Edge Evolution and Banks Bullet

g' day! I think there is some minor modification that can be done to help relieve the harsh upshift with the Edge. If i remember correctly it is as simple as a vacuum line modification or maybe an upgraded modulator valve. As for compatibility with the Banks, I couldn't tell you from my own experience that each have worked together well, but i have a buddy who uses the Edge and has several "Banks" mod's on his 7.3 and it does great at 375,000 miles. One thing I do have to say about the "Edge" product when I had it and that is that they are extremely helpful with these types of questions if you call their hotline. Not only did they help me, but the guy even did research on some things and called me back the next day to tell me what he found out! I was impressed with that. Thankfully, no calls needed since I got the Superchips flashpaq. Cheers!

Powerstrokebloke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
g' day! I think there is some minor modification that can be done to help relieve the harsh upshift with the Edge. If i remember correctly it is as simple as a vacuum line modification or maybe an upgraded modulator valve. As for compatibility with the Banks, I couldn't tell you from my own experience that each have worked together well, but i have a buddy who uses the Edge and has several "Banks" mod's on his 7.3 and it does great at 375,000 miles. One thing I do have to say about the "Edge" product when I had it and that is that they are extremely helpful with these types of questions if you call their hotline. Not only did they help me, but the guy even did research on some things and called me back the next day to tell me what he found out! I was impressed with that. Thankfully, no calls needed since I got the Superchips flashpaq. Cheers!
Thanks for that, and I do agree that they are very helpful, I have used the email support before buying it.
I am amazed at just how much smoke it blows on race or extreme settings.
It seems really good, although I have only driven about 300miles since fitting it.
I will contact both banks and edge in regards to running the both.
Maybe you could see if this is the same as your mate is running too?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58