edge evolution

maintech

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for info about the default settings for the Edge Evolution. I have tried their web site, and had emails back that suggest 'try' what you like, its safe!
I'm not that trusting, and as a newcomer to diesels, I have no desire to smoke my truck.
Its a 1999 7.3 with 159000 KM's, a new Ford torque converter, well maintained. I tow a large 5th wheel RV, and would like to select a setting between tow and race, by adding custom settings. But thats where I'm stuck, because Edge will not divulge what the stock settings are using, ie shift points, rpms, timing etc.

Also, I'd like to improve my education, so can anyone recommend a sound practical book on modern diesels? It doesn't have to be Ford specific.

rotorholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a Edge Evolution as soon as I purchased my 99 f250 about 4 years ago with 175k. I have mine set to the extreme setting. I loaded the stock, tow and race setting 2 months ago to see what it fealt like again. That lasted around the block on each setting. I dont race my truck but like the power if I needed. I use to tow around 12k trailer loaded, It worked great....I suggest buying it.

schlupp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have one on my 2001 if u tow I suggest yhe tow setting.If you want to have a little fun load the extreme its gnarly.

McDizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had it on my truck for about 2 months before the i blew 2nd gear and burnt all the clutches in extreme setting,time for a rebuild my trans only had 125,000 on it. oh well $2,000 were back at it lol:cool: its got some power not as much as i thought it might though.

T VALK

PAINT BY VALK
Reaction score
I have a edge Evo and run it on race setting all the time even when towing my trailer 12k lb .Egt never over 800.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58