Edge Juice w/ att vs SCT SF3

pizzaman11

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Im stuck between these two. Ive heard very good things about both products. I was wondering if anyone had any plus or minuses for either one. Any and all help would be great im in a rut right now. this will be my first programmer ive ever bought so im trying to get the right one.

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the SF3 and love it. Your custom tune choices are about endless. The general concensus across all the forums is the SCT is the BEST for the 6.0. The Edge CTS is good for monitoring, the SCT is great for POWAH!!! The SCT tunes the trans too, so the extra power won't destroy it. BTW, where in Il are you?

pizzaman11

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thats what ive been hearing alot is the sct is the best for 6.0. the only thing thats making me lean toward the edge is the monitoring capabilities and the switch on the fly i like those two features quite a bit. but again ive been hearing the sct tunes cant be beat. btw im from dupage county, i saw your from northern il, where about?

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SCT isn't switch on the fly because it tunes the trans, and that takes some time to "learn". I'm in Dekalb Co.

pizzaman11

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
im actually from dekalb just moved out here a few years ago. When you bought your sct did you do it through an online site or did you go through innovative diesel? cuz if im not wrong all the custom tunes come from innovative diesel. and also do you notice a big difference in power and trans performance with the tuner? (if you cant tell im really starting to change my mind and thinking sct is the way to go)

pizzaman11

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was just looking at sct and innovative diesel and i think i was wrong. you can buy custom tunes from them or just buy the sct pre-loaded, i believe. But i was doing more digging around and i found the sct livewire, looks like just what i want it comes with the dash mount for monitoring and the sct tunes but im thinking of getting one from innovative and having them preload it.

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from Adam @ First Coast Diesel Performance. He gets them tuned from Innovative, But I wanted Gearhead tunes, which wasn't a problem. When the SCT comes, you have to plug it into your truck to get strategy. Then with the strategy and the # off the SF3 and get in touch with your tune writer and tell them what tunes you want, what mods you have, ect. Usually it takes a day or two at the most to get the tunes. Yes, to answer the question about the trans, you definately can tell differences in trans tuning between tunes.

pizzaman11

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yeah theres a few different performance shops out here so as soon as i got time im gunna go get one on order. got a friend talking alot of smack about his gmc, need that 120 hp to shut him up. haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58