Edge Platinum VS. SCT

Sader

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am considering both. I like the bells and whistles of the edge, but there are a LOT of good reports with the SCT. Just not sure if I need the fully customizeable SCT, I am kinda 'set it and forget it' style.
Although it may be too soon for the Edge platinum reports.

Any opinions? :confused:

Thanks,
-popcorn

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
Sader,

If the one I am Betaing for them is any indication you'll want the Edge, best trans controls going, plus aturbo timer etc etc well worth the extra cost. Folks have been ordering them from us even though they aren't yet available to the general public etc.

Mark @ DPPI

Sader

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I really like all the bells and whistles it comes with, all in one display. I am most concerned with tranmission life with the application of more power. I pull a few times a year(not much 7-9k #), so all out hp is not a big concern. Reliability and fun per dollar also factor in. Can the Platinum get as much control over the trans. as the SCT? Is there any 'footprint' left in the computer, for when warranty work is required?

Thanks,

chris
:thumbs

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
Sader,

That's one of the great advantages of the Edge modules, they are installed POST computer, because of that the computer doesn't know anything about it. If it's removed there is no information left behind like a programmer for a tech to see.

Mark @ DPPI

Sader

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So the platinum is the same? Transmission control and all is POST computer?

Sounds cool!

Can my juice box be upgraded?

chris
-popcorn

teamroper60

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sader said:
So the platinum is the same? Transmission control and all is POST computer?

Sounds cool!

Can my juice box be upgraded?

chris
-popcorn

According to Edge, no. I talked to them about this directly. They did tell me that the Evo will work just fine with my current Juice and will give me the tranny controls that the new Platinum has, though. After much thinking (which was straining my brain ;) ) I opted to order the Evo from Mark...... (which I received the very next day, BTW :sweet ) Of course, it didn't recognize my ancient programming, so it is currently in Utah being reprogrammed to work with my truck, thus, I can't comment on how well it works just yet.....

Sader

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
By Evo, do you mean the Evoulution?

So if I got the Evo, and run it with my Juice, I would get the same trans. controls as the Platinum?

Cool, I will have to get back with you to see how well it works.

:thanks

teamroper60

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Evo I was referring to is the new Evolution for the 6.0. Since I am still waiting on mine to get back from Edge, if you have one already, I would be curious to hear how you like the shifting with it and what settings you put the shifts to.

Sader

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Nah, I don't have one, yet! I was considering the platinum, but this is an interesting turn! ;) I will have to check into this.

Sader

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
teamroper60 - get your evo back yet ???

-popcorn

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58