Edge programmer?

jeffnzoya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother has an 05 Excursion and has found a used edge with additude programmer. It's in a box and has several wires and cords that look like they plug into the factory wiring harness. It say's on the back of the little black box, "edge 10002 ver 5.3. The additude monitor is ver 1.29.

I don't no anything about the edge products, but I advised him that the fact that there is no obd hook up makes me wonder that maby there is something missing.

Thank you for any information you can give on this product.

Jeff

p.s. The price is $400.00.

jeffnzoya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, he know's the orig. owner. He says it's a edge platnum and it is the top of the line in edge programmers.

I also mentioned that he shold try it out prior to purchase.

As far as EGT's, he would be ok without the pyro hooked up for a short while would he not.

Thank's

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
No; bad idea. If he's going to test drive it he'll probably be putting his foot into it. Very easy to get too hot with race or extreme level. Pyrometer is important to have whether he gets this or not, so I would install the thermocoupler. If he doesn't get the Edge,he can cap off the new hole until he gets a gauge or something else. My 2 pennies. Bob

jeffnzoya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank's guy's. I'll pass it on.

By the way. Does $400.00 sound about right.

Jeff

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
N.I.B. on E-Bay they're going for $880. So it's a good deal if everything is in working order. The platinum w/attitude monitors many parameters and has built in "turbosaver". Turns truck off at your desired time or cooldown temp. I believe. I have the non platinum version and don't have that feature. Most guys on this site swear by SCT, and I'll probably go that route if anything happens to my Edge, but I have had no issues w/ it for 6 years. But now that I mentioned that, it 'll probably stop working today. Ha! Bob

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would stay away from anything edge...
it does NOT tune the tranny and the nice 5 speed auto in my 05 Ex isn't something I want to ruin...

Heck for < $400 you can get a NEW custom tuned sct that will make that Ex scream like mine :)

There's a REASON the seller is selling it !!!!

Ask him when he fixed his tranny ?

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I haven't had any issues because I don't drive like a maniac or feel the need to race every truck that pulls along side of me. I get on it to blow the cobwebs out now and then; but safely, no need for pedal to the metal. I'm sure I'll hear from the younger guys w/ that last comment. lol But yes, SCT is in my future.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
i agree with the issues you may have with the tranny there are better options out there like the sct livewire if he needs the fancy electonic gauges etc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58