EGR and Bowl on National back order!!

mastercrafttile

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My EGR took a crap on tuesday on my 08 6.4 and is at the dealership.They say that the EGR and bowl is on national back order until the 22nd of feb..that means my truck will be sitting there for 10 days!! I am royally pissed to say the least..I had to rent a truck to keep working.Anyone have the same problem?

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Egr

I can feel your pain buddy, that engine has two egr coolers and I assume two egr valves also, I was just at the Ford dealer I worked at and my parts guy stated the same thing, Ford has been noticing a climb in egr failures on the 6.4L. I hope they resolve it for your sake and there's too. Renting a truck to work is ridiculous!!!!

Blake Dirt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ya, I had the same problem in January, told the dealer to find a solution or I would be getting a new truck, not a Ford. They took one off a truck on their lot.

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Egr

if you unplug the EGR valve the truck wont run, or if it does it will only run one time until you shut it off then it wont start again. safety feature in the pcm.
there is 2 egr coolers and one EGR valve. good luck guys, that sucks, sorry to hear that!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg