EGR Baffle kit

chrispugs1967

chrispugs
Reaction score
My dealer told me of a baffle kit that i can install to help solve the build up on the EGR vavle. Is anyone fimilar with this. For $10 i gave it a try and cant figure out where it goes. If anyone knows of these any information would be helpfull.

dpantazis

Reaction score
read the info in that TSB very carefully. there is lots of fundamental info in it.

i suspect that the baffle would provide a surface for the particulates to drop out of the airstream. it could work reducing the coking, but i don;t think its going to be the silver bullet.

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
I think your best answer will come from the service advisor at the dealership that originally informed you of this situation.

chrispugs1967

chrispugs
Reaction score
Ya I plan on asking the parts guy on monday morning but wanted to get it done over this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any info on it. I'll find out and let you know how I make out, thanks.

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"NOTE Performed As Actual Time
THE EGR BAFFLE KIT WILL NOT PREVENT EGR
FAILURES DUE TO DRY SOOT BUILDUP ON THE
VALVE. ONLY INSTALL THE EGR BAFFLE KIT IF
THERE IS EVIDENCE OF WET OIL."

Why not just SOLVE the problem? Delete the EGR or use a modded up-pipe.

MuleMan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So, what did you end up doing? If you put in a baffle kit - what do you think?

I had a 'greased' up EGR that I believe was caused from tooo much oil on my AirAid air filter being sucked in. At the moment, I am seriously considering discarding the EGR. Maybe this fix from Ford will help but I could use some advise before experimenting. There maybe other issues I am not aware of as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14