Question EGR Cleaning Help

RJDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 F250 witht the 6.0 and I have been reading alot about keeping the EGR clean as part of the maintenance. Does anyone have any good links or info on performing routine cleaning of the EGR. :dunno Any info would be appreciated.

sawed off

Party like a rockstar
Reaction score
I believe that their is something explaining it on thedieselgarage.com

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
if you type it in the search section there is something on there. it is very simple just unplug it and unbolt it pull it out and clean it in carb cleaner just make suere to cover the holes up by the electronics....install new gaskets and bolt it all back up...way cheaper than buying a new one like they always want you to at the shop

rneveras

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
dipstick

Although I have never cleaned my egr valve like the video, my oil dipstick looks similer and I am the only one doing the service.Does anyone have the same problem?

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
your dipsstick looks like my EGR did????:eek:

what are you using for oil - crude?!?!:lmao

that can't be good... what's the issue - i have no idea.:dunno

rneveras

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My dipstick doesnt look like your egr valve but the plastic handle on the dipstick broke like the one in the picture. I may be obsessive by changing my oil every 5k usually the oil is not even dirty.I only use Rotella T and Hastings filters. The only time my truck has been to the dealer was for a fuel tank sender under warranty.With 68k on the clock I`m going to keep doing what I`ve been doing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg