Question EGR Cleaning Help

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

yeah about that, i have a replacement sitting on the floor between the two front seats - been there about 2 months now............:innocent:D:doh::dizzy:sorry

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
or on second thought just delete it just got mine back from the shope got the egr delete kit installed and studs so hopefully no more egr issues at all and it runs cooler and seems to be getting better mileage i"ll check it over the next few tanks and get back with ya on that part

Last edited:

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
My dipstick doesnt look like your egr valve but the plastic handle on the dipstick broke like the one in the picture. I may be obsessive by changing my oil every 5k usually the oil is not even dirty.I only use Rotella T and Hastings filters. The only time my truck has been to the dealer was for a fuel tank sender under warranty.With 68k on the clock I`m going to keep doing what I`ve been doing.

my 03 did that... got a replacement from ford.... and when my truck got hit i took it back out and gave it to my buddy who has and 04 that did the same thing.... so evidently it is a common problem

RICKF92592

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My dipstick doesnt look like your egr valve but the plastic handle on the dipstick broke like the one in the picture. I may be obsessive by changing my oil every 5k usually the oil is not even dirty.I only use Rotella T and Hastings filters. The only time my truck has been to the dealer was for a fuel tank sender under warranty.With 68k on the clock I`m going to keep doing what I`ve been doing.

Mine's broke too, can't recall ever tweaking it.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
or on second thought just delete it just got mine back from the shope* got the egr delete kit installed and studs so hopefully no more egr issues at all and it runs cooler and seems to be getting better mileage i"ll check it over the next few tanks and get back with ya on that part
ckamp52, Which delete kit did you go with?* I'm considering this myself, and just trying to figure which one to go for.

RICKF92592

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Did my cleaning today and was pleasantly surprised by the lack of gunk after 101,000 miles! (Yeah, I know bad, bad Rick)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14