egr cooler help

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
ok so i think that i have an egr cooler leak was wondering if anyone knew how much a new one was or a delete kit and how hard it would be to replace/install thanks for the help-ck

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they just came out with a new egr eliminator. it was just advertisied in last months Diesel Power mag. I'll try to find the ad.

rudeduck

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had an EGR delete kit put on mine and it was 700 bucks for a good kit with new exaust pipe pieces and labor. Would have been 950 for a new cooler and have it installed. My understanding is that when a cooler starts leaking there is a good chance that a head gasket has blown and the cooler is the weakest place for the pressure to escape.

Mine was blown but at 210000 miles of hard work on my 07 things will happen. Just something to think about.

klinkzor

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
210000 miles would of been nice my 06 went at 31000 miles atleast it was still under warranty.

the egr delete kit from what i read isn't to hard just alot of time involved

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
I know my last post didn't really answer your original question, but you mentioned you thoughtthat you had a leak. The leak detector is just a good starting point to verify. I had my E.G.Cooler replaced when they replaced heads and installed ARP studs, and have had no problems so far. Tuners do/can crank up the heat, and schtuff happens!

mrpowerstrokeman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
food for thought that tampering with a emission device on a vehicle is against the law!!! be careful. the packaging clearly states for off road use only. oh and by the way the delete kit works great :)

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
food for thought that tampering with a emission device on a vehicle is against the law!!! be careful. the packaging clearly states for off road use only. oh and by the way the delete kit works great :)
What kit are you using; the Liberator, from ITP diesel? Did you do the work, how difficult? I'm interested also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14