EGR cooler replacement.

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a friend that has a 6.0, not sure what year it is. Has been having a coolant leak that we could not find. Took it to the Ford dealer. EGR cooler is leaking. He asked me about fixing it. I don't have much expirience with the 6.0 and was wondering if this is something that we can replace or if it is something that has to be done by a Ford dealer. Truck is out of warranty. Are there any special tools that would be needed? Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

pete37922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go 2 Liberator Performance and get the EGR Delete kit done !!!

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on buying and installing the delete kit, might as well if you are going to be in there. I am not sure how hard of job it is, but I think I would tackle it on my own truck after some research.
Pretty sure the dealership will have nothing to do with installing a delete kit since it is messing with emissions control systems.

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the onfo guys. The truck is home from the dealership. Not sure if he wants to delete the cooler or not. This is his first diesel, so most of his information comes from other people and the dealership. I seen in another post that deleting the Egr cooler sets a CEL, or do they mean just removing the valve? Anybody know what the going price is for an EGR cooler? I seen Liberator has delete kits for between 5 and 6 hundred dollars. That may be the biggest factor determining his decision. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14